There was a time in history when braces looked like giant pieces of machinery dangling from a person’s mouth. They were so oddly assembled that if one didn’t know better, you could assume the wearer had sustained some sort of head injury. Thankfully, due to advances in modern technology and the collective skills of our dentist at Best Care Dental, we now have much more discreet forms of orthodontic treatment. Here are the five main types:
– Metal Braces: Metal braces are the most commonly used brackets. Metal brackets are glued to each tooth, and wires connect each bracket. Rubber bands are also required.
– Ceramic Braces: Ceramic braces are similar to metal braces, but not as visible. They offer more aesthetic and cosmetic appeal over traditional metal braces.
– Lingual Braces: Lingual braces are similar to metal braces, but lingual braces are attached to the back of the teeth, not the visible front.
– Invisalign® Clear Aligners: Invisalign aligners are virtually invisible aligners that can be removed daily.
– Damon Braces: Damon braces are similar to metal braces, but have the advantage of not requiring rubber bands. They also require less maintenance and fewer trips to the orthodontist than traditional metal braces do.
Braces may have come a long way, but our commitment to quality care has remained as steadfast as ever. If you would like to know more about our options for orthodontic treatments, we invite you to make an appointment by contacting our Best Care Dental team at 719-528-8292. You can also stop by our office in Colorado Springs, Colorado. We are happy to help you achieve the smile you’ve always dreamed of with braces today!